- This event has passed.
Nature walks and exhibits at the Blue Sky Festival, with Eric McCrum, Drew “Spiderman” Wallace, and the DRB Nats
17 March, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
The Blue Sky Festival will take place from 10.00am to 4.00pm on Sunday, 17 March 2019.
The event will be held along Nichol Road, Jacoby Street and the Sculpture Park in Mundaring.
Last year the DRB attended the Blue Sky Festival and we wowed the crowds. Many people learnt all sorts of fascinating facts about, and raised their awareness, love and understanding of, the natural history of the Perth Hills.
What will you find to do there?
- This year, as a special bonus, Mr Eric McCrum, the ABC’s Birdman, (and possibly other DRB Nats experts) will be leading two short, 30-45 minute nature walks at 11am and 2pm.
- There will also be 11 year old Drew “Spiderman” Wallace complete with live exhibits. He is a total expert on insects. He will be there to chat to the children.
- We will have an ongoing “Nature Road Show” all day. This is like the Antiques Roadshow but the items are natural history – bring your bird calls, your natural history photographs, your natural history specimens … for identification and discussion.
- We will also have a display of natural history information and exhibits relevant to the Mundaring and Perth Hills area.
- We will have a barrel for a raffle with a natural history prize drawn at 3pm.
The Blue Sky Festival is a sustainability focused festival based on themes such as biodiversity, renewable energy, waste management and saving our bushland. It is a local, non-commercial, low waste and plastic free event. It will bring together a range of organisations and community groups who all share common values in highlighting the importance of environmental issues and sustainability in the Mundaring Hills. The Blue Sky Festival will be a family orientated fun event where all participants will take home some ideas and information on being a more sustainable community member – and a greater knowledge of the local nature.
Enquiries about the festival generally: email@example.com About the DRB stall only: DRB phone: 0436-448-647 or DRB email: DRB@wanaturalists.org.au
Pictures from last year’s festival