Be a Brilliant Bird Photographer, workshop with award-winning photographer, Georgina Steytler – DRB.
30 November, 10:00 am-1:00 pm
- Bookings open for other Nats club members on 17th October 2019 at 8am.
- If there are tickets left, bookings open to visitors on 24th October 2019 at 8am.
Come and learn how to improve your bird photography with award-winning bird and nature photographer, Georgina Steytler. Wow, this is some special opportunity – grab it while you can and bring your camera. It is a three-hour hands-on workshop with a top, top photographer. Don’t believe me? Just look at this list of SOME of Georgina’s awards:
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018 – Winner, Invertebrates: Behaviour.
- Runner-up (Animal Behaviour) Australian Geographic (ANZANG) Nature Photographer of the Year 2018.
- Winner (Creative Imagery), Bird Photographer of the Year 2017 (UK)
- Winner (Wildlife), Australian Photography Awards 2017.
- Winner (Tom Oliver Award), BirdLife Photography 2017.
- Winner (Best Photograph of the Year 2016), BirdLife Photography 2016.
- Winner (Portfolio Prize), Australian Geographic (ANZANG) Nature Photographer of the Year 2016.
If you want to read more about her, or see some of her stunning bird and nature photographs go here: https://georginasteytler.com.au
- We will be doing both theory and a practical – we will use both stuffed birds (because they don’t fly away!) and real birds.
- We will be developing techniques which can be practised anywhere.
- An example of the kind of things you might learn includes learning about depth of field exposure compensation (especially with white birds).
- Bring your camera – this is a workshop for only 40 people – so it is interactive. It is not a lecture.
- It is a ticketed event and there are only 40 tickets available. Everyone who wants to attend has to book in.
- The minimum age for attendees is 8 yrs for members, and 10 yrs for visitors. It is open to adults of all ages!
- Once it is full we will have a waiting list so if there are cancellations people on the waiting list will be given priority.
- Bookings are only taken through the website – please RSVP. Thanks!
- Priority is first given to DRB members – feel able to join the club as a DRB member if you want to definitely get a seat.
- Donation: A donation of $7 per child or adult DRB member / and $15 per child or adult visitor is invited to help the club cover our costs of venue hire, insurance and speaker fees.
Venue: Lesmurdie. Full details on booking.
Organiser: Rachel Green. Enquiries: DRB@wanaturalists.org.au
DRB phone: 0436-448-647